Sunday, January 31, 2010

Value of a Higher Private Education

At eight o' clock in the morning, students saunter into class, similar to most college students, yet the professor begins class taking prayer requests. Excuse me? Needless to say, my value of a private higher education exceeds what I expected in a college education. Unlike most universities, my education mixes the process of lifelong learning with faith and character building.

As a human, my perceptions, understandings, and insights are always encountering transformation. At a private higher education, my mind is continuously expanding, broadening to more knowledge. Every moment of every day, learning is taking place within me. It is a lifelong journey. Within my personal higher education learning experience, I, along with my peers, are reinforced through our faith regarding life.

My higher education in a private school engages, empowers, and encourages me to achieve my utmost goals. Along with learning how to live, cope, and function in our free market soceity, I am equipped to find a career. The purpose of receiving a college degree is to go out and find a job with which I can support myself. My work, along with my activites, involvements, and education does not aim to only support me financially in the long run, but also to support my self-esteem and purpose to achieve my goals. I am preparing and in vesting in my future, while being provided a higher sense of self.

At other universities and colleges, the character and well-being of students are not a high priority. My college emphasizes self-worth and character as the main reasons for education. My professors actually take the time to listen to my heart, while teaching and preparing me for the rest of my life.

I am not a number in the crowd. I am an individual. I am intricately made with desires, passions, and inspiration. My higher private education molds my desires and passions into a career. In the future, I will achieve great success by being confident and comforatble in myself as a person, rather than a head filled with only knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment